Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Champagne, Baby

I'm super absorbed in this fantastic literature right now, so I haven't been writing as much as I should be lately:

« Ex-girl to the Next Girl
by Daaimah S. Poole-Dafina


Here's the brilliant synopsis:

Malik is a good-looking man with a reputation for being unfaithful to the women in his life. He and Kimberly are engaged, yet he is also seriously involved with Shonda, who crashes their wedding. Kimberly goes into a deep depression until she meets Andrew. Malik and Shonda get married, and she starts working as a prison guard. To replace the finances that Malik no longer contributes, Shonda begins earning extra money by breaking prison rules. She also gets romantically involved with an inmate who claims his innocence but is found guilty of all charges. Malik finds a new job preparing taxes and meets Nadine, a single schoolteacher. They date until Shonda confronts Nadine in her classroom. Nadine tells Malik about Shonda's visit and questions his status. He admits being married, and Nadine breaks off the relationship. She then realizes how much she misses her old boyfriend, Erick, who takes her back. All the former partners in this absorbing read are eventually held accountable for their bad choices.

So you can't really blame me, its like Danielle Steele novel but like 200x better. Plus, I'm trying to cut down the hours I watch soap operas.

Also I'm disappointed I didn't hear back from the soap opera casting director yet, which is why I downed a half bottle of percocet...

No comments: