Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Me, Soap Opera Star

So today I went in for my second audition for the soap opera The New World and I think it went well. I showed up looking fabulous (as usual, mon chere) in my new Pucci heels and a pink snake skin minidress that I found last week on sale at Saks that fits me like a glove. At first I was going to wear something that perhaps summoned the nostalgia of the era, but after a day of shopping and no luck, I decided for a modern look with the snake skin.

If you ask me, you just cannot go wrong with animal prints, be it leopard, zebra, or python. I know its illegal, but I would love to don myself in a leopard skin one day. That is, if I ever leave Florida. It's a little hot here to be wearing a fur around, even if it is as marvelous as a leopard.

The funny part is that the director kept hitting on me. He even asked me out for a martini after the audition even though I clearly have a 225 K diamond ring on my wedding finger. Do people have no tact these days? Obviously I am a high commodity, and my husband loves me very much. Not to mention the whole professional-work-ethic ("keep business and pleasure separate") standard. I mean, I am not a prize to be won–I've already been won. Anyways, after I explained that I was a married woman, while waving my hand around, he confessed he just couldn't resist persuading me to have 1 little drink with me after the audition, because I "am stunningly beautiful". 1 drink didn't sound too bad after all... and besides, maybe I could blind him with my beauty and land my dream role.

We ended up heading to the Blue Martini Lounge, on of my favorite places to relax after a long day of work. I had a strawberry mint martini that was to die for, while we chatted about the Soap Opera and how exciting it was to be working on a more serious period piece rather than your run of the mill The Young and the Restless or The Bold and the Beautiful. The director explained that he thought this new soap might be the dawn of a new era: a completely new way of filming and directing soaps, The New World will produced a higher standard of daytime TV and attract new audiences. This is all so exciting to me, and for the icing on the cake, I was offered a 3rd audition for the role of Cherish, a central role in The New World, a poor prostitute dreaming of becoming more.

No comments: